Effective Date: October 20, 2013
“Personal information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information.
Types of Data We Collect
Information You Provide Us
- You may provide us with personal information, such as your name, telephone number, home address, and email address, birth date, when you sign up to use our Site or Application.
- We also ask for the following information about your family members (e.g. if you invite a family member to create an account): name, telephone number, home address, and email address, birth date, and relationship, as well as historical information about your family and/or family members.
- When you order our paid service, we or our third party service providers will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as photos, videos, stories, messages, and other content that you post or store using your account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
Information We Collect via Technology
- In order to provide better quality of service, we make use of third-party analytics services in order to track statistics in aggregate across our Site and Application. These services collect and store information such as how you interact with our Site and Application, errors you encounter when using our Application, browser type, operating system, domain name, date/time stamp, IP addresses, device identifiers, how often you visit the Site, and what pages you visit. We may share that data in aggregate, but will not provide any analytics providers with your personal information.
How We Use Information
We use your personal information for internal purposes only, such as to provide you with the Site and Application, create your account, identify you on the system, to improve the Site and Application, and to communicate with you about eFamily.com and the services we offer (which may include administrative emails and marketing emails).
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
How We Disclose Information
Family Site Content:
- A user (“Originator”) may create a “Family Site” and invite other users (e.g., family members) to join the Family Site by following the instructions on the Application or Site.
- The Originator and each invited user that joins (each a, “Family Site Member”), may share photos, videos, messages, and other content within the Family Site (“Family Site Content”). All Family Site Content may be viewed by each Family Site Member.
- If a Family Site Member designates his/her Family Site Content with the “Share publicly” option, then such Family Site Content may be viewed by anyone (not just Family Site Members).
- Each Family Site Member may invite additional users to join the Family Site and become Family Site Members. Such additional Family Site Members will also have access to view any or all Family Site Content (including your Family Site Content).
- Each Family Site Member may share any or all Family Site Content (including your Family Site Content) via email, url, the Family Site Member’s SNS account (defined below, e.g., Facebook or Twitter), or by printing and mailing the content to one or more designated recipients by following the instructions on the Site or Application.
- When Family Site Content is shared (whether to other Family Site Members, to other eFamily users, or outside of the Site or Application), we cannot guarantee its privacy by those who receive it (they may use and re-share it in their discretion). Accordingly, we encourage you to be mindful of who you are sharing with at all times.
Service Providers. We contract with third-party service providers to host our servers and databases and to provide other services to us. We require our service providers to agree not to access or use any information or data they may have access to while providing services to eFamily.com other than to provide us services or as specified by us.
Transfers. If eFamily.com is ever involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. This policy will apply to your information as transferred to the new entity.
Legal Requests. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this policy, we may preserve or disclose your information (including any communications on or through our system) in connection with any legal investigation or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request or to protect the safety, property, or rights of eFamily.com or others.
You can modify or delete your personal information, manage your preferences, and soon, you'll be able to export your data to your email at any time by editing your account information and/or following the instructions on the Site or Application. You are also able to delete your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use commercially standard security practices. However, no data transmission on the internet or on a network is 100% secure, so we cannot make any guarantees regarding the security of your information. Take care to manage access to the computers and devices where you are logged in to our Site or Application.
Children and Use Outside the US
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
Your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Third Party Websites